Do you feel fearful around people most of the time? Afraid of being judged or embarrassed? Does this fear make it hard to complete everyday tasks?
If you answered yes to all of the above questions, you may have an anxiety disorder referred to as social anxiety disorder(SAD). Also known as social phobia.
What’s It’s All About
The onset of SAD is usually the age of 13. Found in twice as many women as men, but the symptoms are the same. For a list of symptoms read this article “What Are The Symptoms Of Social Anxiety Disorder?”
SAD effects millions of people around the world. At last estimate, 7% of people have or had social anxiety. The average age of someone seeking help is 26. That’s not to say that people older do not social anxiety, because the certainly can.
Because of the nature of this condition it is hard for the social anxious person to seek help. But with the help of the internet, you can get therapy or self help projects right from your leaving room without the fear of embarrassment.
How To Stop This Fear
Social anxiety is very difficult to overcome, but with a good step by step, practice exercises in social skills, and patience….it can be done.
I also had social anxiety, well into my 40′s. I am currently 46. The guilt of losing half my life to social anxiety was tremendous. But on the positive side, I can help others to better themselves. You can learn how to get out the house and into society and become the social butterfly you so much want to be.
You know that many of your thoughts are irrational, but you don’t seem to be able to overcome them. Now you can, click below to learn more.
Incoming search terms:
- fear of being embarrassed in front of people
- what is the name given to the phobia fear of being embarrassed in front of people
- how to stop being embarrassed in front of people
- signs of an embarrased person
- tips to not fear of being embarrassed in front of people
- how do I overcome my fear of being embarrassed around people?
- what is the name given to the phobia fear of neing embarrassed in front of people?
- what is the name given to the phobia \fear of being embarrassed in front of people
- what is the name given to the phobia \\fear of being embarrassed in front of people\\
- what is the name of the phobia fear of being embarrassed in front of people